Friday, May 16, 2008

Our Visit to Grandma Nelson's

We rode down to Fairview last week to visit Grandma
Nelson. When we got there my kids were able to spend some
special time with my uncles and their Great-Grandma.

Uncle Jay helped redesign some sling shots that we bought at
the museum. He told the boys how my Grandpa used to make
them for him. They loved shooting rocks into the field. Later Jay
took the boys to his house and let them pick out their first hunting
knife and pocket knife. They spent the rest of the time whittling
branches from the apricot tree.

When we arrived, Cody was anxious to find Uncle Kent.
After we took Grandma to Mt. Pleasant, we found him out
in Grandma's field doing some clean up. He let Cody hop
up into the backhoe to ride with him. I went back out a
few minutes later to check on them and Cody was driving.
He was excited to help the guys finish up the next day.
And of coarse he drove again, all by himself!


We had a great trip. It reminded me so much of the weeks
I would spend during the summer at my grandparents house.
It was the highlight of the summer. Braden especially enjoyed
when my Grandma happened across a little book of
questions that I had asked my Grandpa many years ago
about his childhood. He and I decided to get some paper and
ask Grandma the same questions. He loved hearing the stories
about the different way of life.

No comments: